This is a real picture of a former Outsource Marketing intern.
No, he’s not dead. He’s drunk.
Okay, we’d prefer our interns alive—and sober. Besides, dead interns would be irresponsible, wouldn’t get much done and would start to smell after awhile. Come to think of it, same goes for drunk interns.
Seriously though, if you or someone you know is interested in learning about doing marketing responsibly, here are the gory details:
Position: Marketing Internship (Unpaid)
Schedule: Part-time, approx. 15-20 hrs/week, schedule flexible but regular—hours must be during normal business hours, Mon-Fri, 9:00am-5:00pm
Summary: Marketing internship position at Outsource Marketing—the place where they do Responsible Marketing. They will work directly with the firm’s members on marketing projects for the firm and the firm’s clients.
Duties and responsibilities
- Assist firm members with marketing planning and implementation of marketing
- Marketing research; primarily using the Internet
- Telephone surveys; some in-person surveys
- Draft copy writing
- Prepare reports and summaries
- Provides and/or oversee support activities for the firm such as assisting with project/presentation preparations, e.g. printing, copying and compiling presentation materials
- Performs miscellaneous project-related duties as assigned
Knowledge, skills, and abilities preferred
- Junior or Senior majoring in marketing, communications, or public relations
- Knowledge of general marketing principles
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Demonstrate ability and eagerness to learn quickly
- Ability to perform assigned duties efficiently and effectively
- Ability to create, compose, and edit written materials
- Ability to analyze and solve problems
- Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities
- Skill in the use of personal computers and related software applications. (e.g. Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint)
- Gather data, compile information, and prepare reports.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality
Interested parties should email their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.