By now, you’ve probably heard about Evian‘s new “live young” campaign featuring the roller babies.
You haven’t? Well, now you are in the know:
There’s a lot to like here: It’s fun, unique, the CGI was done well and who doesn’t love Rapper’s Delight? It’s the type of video you can hardly resist hitting the “share” button on and it’s really making the rounds.
Irresistable? Fun? Must be Responsible Marketing, right?
Well, yes and no.
Really, it depends on whether you think it’s possible for a company marketing a product many deem to be irresponsible can ever do Responsible Marketing.
- Bottled water isn’t a good value
- No healthier than tap water
- 1.5 million tons of plastic waste per year
- Requires up to 47 million gallons of oil per year to produce
- Creates a risk to marine life
- Results in less attention to public systems
So what do you think?
Can an irresponsible product be marketed responsibly?
Comment below to weigh in.