Got writer’s block? You’re not alone.
Even a famous writers like Maya Angelou and Ernest Hemingway wanted to pull their hair out when the words just weren’t flowing. So what did they do?
Here are some suggestions from award-winning authors on how to get the words back.
- Keep writing even if it’s “the cat sat on the mat”
- Step away for a couple days and come back to it
- Reinvent what you’ve already written
- Pretend like you are writing to a close friend or family member, not your editor or boss
- Chain yourself to your desk, and just get it done. No excuses.
Since every writer’s brain works differently, experiment and chose the method which works best for you. Click here for more tips from writing icons.
What tricks do you employ when you get writers block?
#CreativeSummer14 – Day 80/93