Oh, the excitement. We’re down to the Final Four. Perhaps your bracket is busted or maybe you’re one of the lucky ones who is still hanging on.
Either way, I assume you’ve wasted a whole lotta’ time on it. Maybe even at your employer’s expense.
The NCAA basketball tourney boasts some impressive numbers. Take a gander at these stats:
- An estimated $1.9 billion in corporate losses from unproductive workers
- Estimated $9 billion wagered on 2015 tournament
- Average price of a 30-second ad during the 2015 title game was $1.5 million
- 2016 Final Four “full strip” ticket is currently selling for $791
- 17.5 million barrels of beer produced each March
So maybe your kids have been eating cereal for dinner this last month, or the TPS report didn’t get done.
But, damn, isn’t it fun?